I think it should be a 4 letter word.
Yes, I do!
My mother called a few days ago to say her cancer is back(she had breast cancer a few years ago). The first day was a shock and process day, day two was an anger and asking the questions I didn't think to ask the first day, day three... well that is today and I have decided to try and grant my mother her wish. "Be strong for me!" was her request. My initial silent response was, "I'm tired of being strong. I don't want to. It's too hard." But the more I thought about it the more I realized that being strong is really the only choice... to not be strong would - well I can't even visualize what that looks like - so its not an option.
Yes, I do!
My mother called a few days ago to say her cancer is back(she had breast cancer a few years ago). The first day was a shock and process day, day two was an anger and asking the questions I didn't think to ask the first day, day three... well that is today and I have decided to try and grant my mother her wish. "Be strong for me!" was her request. My initial silent response was, "I'm tired of being strong. I don't want to. It's too hard." But the more I thought about it the more I realized that being strong is really the only choice... to not be strong would - well I can't even visualize what that looks like - so its not an option.
2 comments:
I am sorry!! Please let me know if there is anything I can do to help you be "strong"!
Cancer IS a 4-letter word. My family has seen its fair share of it. Treatment has improved over the years, but I still don't understand why Chemo has to be SO unpleasant. I'm so sorry.
Post a Comment