What do you do when the election doesn't go your way?
My son called Wednesday morning, as I was trying to navigate through the first treacherous snow packed icy roads of the season, to tell me "Obama won." I replied, "Yes, are you alright?" only to be greeted with a teary "No, not really". It broke my heart... we had spent time discussing things they had heard at school, on the news, from friends and relatives, always focusing on who was the best candidate and why... I didn't take time to talk about what you do when the person you don't think is the best candidate doesn't win. WOW! What a huge part of our voting process. I appreciated McCain's words and tried to reassure my son that Obama, although not our choice, has a group of men helping him make choices for our country!
1 comment:
Wow that's neat that he understands enough about politics to feel emotions of who the right candidate is... although I agree it would be hard to know how to console when nothing can change how it is.
Post a Comment